Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

do dental school ask if you are concurently applying to other health care profession

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by tryinghard, Sep 30, 2002.

1. tryinghard

tryinghard Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi guyz, can you help me out with this one..

do dental school ask if you are concurently applying to other health care professions.

1.)is this asked on aasdas dental primary applicaiton

2.)is this asked on any secondaries.

3.)is this asked during interviews.

--how bad does it hurt you??

which secondaries, or interview people ask

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GTchick

GTchick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

It IS asked on the primary, not on my secondaries I don't think, and not during any of my interviews. Dental schools don't want to be a back up but I am not sure how much it hurts you.

4. UBTom

UBTom Class '04 official geezer
    10+ Year Member

I think a particular much-maligned military policy sums it up the best: DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL.

There are easier ways to shoot yourself in the foot (like buying a gun) than to tell an interviewer, "Oh yeah, I'm also applying to dental schools in case I cant' get into med schools."

5. nvcwby

nvcwby Junior Member

I had a friend that applied to UCSF for both their dental and dental hygiene programs and they denied her on both because they said that she couldn't make up her mind as to what she wanted to do. That's why they require the experience with a dentist to show that you are serious and it is something that you want to do the rest of your life. So I think that they would be pretty critical of you applying for other healthcare professions.