Do Dental School know how many schools you apply to?

• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

L

LTAdams

I just signed up for the DAT and listed a lot of schools to send my scores to - even though I'm not going to apply to some of them

so...
1.) Can they see how many schools you sent your scores to
2.) Can they see how many you apply to?
3.) If yes to either 1 or 2, does it matter and affect their view of you as desperate?

kappa505

eres tu que mi odio
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Sea of Ecstacy
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Some schools ask you how many other schools you apply to as well as their names. I am not sure how it affects your chances.

UJ007

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I just signed up for the DAT and listed a lot of schools to send my scores to - even though I'm not going to apply to some of them

so...
3.) If yes to either 1 or 2, does it matter and affect their view of you as desperate?

If you don't plan on applying to them why are you sending them your dat scores? Why didn't you just send your scores to schools your are applying to and later if you decide to add more schools you can just request your dat to be sent to them.

About the Ads

darksky

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

so...

they may ask u at the interview. how many schools u apply to ?

crhoody12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
Philadelphia
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Hey, I had the same question and thought through AADSAS they might know so I emailed them and got this as my response...

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for contacting AADSAS Customer Service regarding your
inquiries. The answers to your questions are posted below:

*The schools do not have any knowledge of other schools that you are applying to through the AADSAS service. Applying to a high amount of dental schools does not look negatively on your behalf.

We thank you for allowing us to assist you during the application process and wish you the best of luck in your educational endeavors.

Aree Henderson
Customer Service Representative
American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
1400 K Street NW
Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
(202)289-7201
(800)353-2237

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.