Do Dental School know how many schools you apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

LTAdams

I just signed up for the DAT and listed a lot of schools to send my scores to - even though I'm not going to apply to some of them

so...
1.) Can they see how many schools you sent your scores to
2.) Can they see how many you apply to?
3.) If yes to either 1 or 2, does it matter and affect their view of you as desperate?

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools ask you how many other schools you apply to as well as their names. I am not sure how it affects your chances.

I just signed up for the DAT and listed a lot of schools to send my scores to - even though I'm not going to apply to some of them

so...
3.) If yes to either 1 or 2, does it matter and affect their view of you as desperate?

If you don't plan on applying to them why are you sending them your dat scores? Why didn't you just send your scores to schools your are applying to and later if you decide to add more schools you can just request your dat to be sent to them.

Members don't see this ad :)

so...

they may ask u at the interview. how many schools u apply to ?

Hey, I had the same question and thought through AADSAS they might know so I emailed them and got this as my response...

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for contacting AADSAS Customer Service regarding your
inquiries. The answers to your questions are posted below:

*The schools do not have any knowledge of other schools that you are applying to through the AADSAS service. Applying to a high amount of dental schools does not look negatively on your behalf.

We thank you for allowing us to assist you during the application process and wish you the best of luck in your educational endeavors.

Aree Henderson
Customer Service Representative
American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
1400 K Street NW
Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
(202)289-7201
(800)353-2237