Do dental schools care if you take summer schools classes at a jc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D.D.S.

..Hopefully..
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do dental schools care if you take summer schools classes at a jc? I am currently at a UC and want to take human anatomy and microbio at a JC and was wondering if dental schools care?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Probably so,taking upper levels sciences at a jc, but being enroll at a 4 year university will throw up some flags.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, as long as you keep it to a minimum, I think it should be fine. I took Physics at a CC and nobody had a problem with it....but anatomy and micro... that may be different.

Is physic a prereq?

Go to the school websites for a list of their science pre-requistes. Plenty of schools require physics.

did anyone who went to a UC take upper div science courses at a JC?

did anyone who went to a UC take upper div science courses at a JC?

they dont technically offer upper division courses at JC's only lower division.
I did all my lower division classes at a JC, then all my upper division science classes at a UC.

you shouldn't be worried about a few jc classes i emailed the schools i am applying to and made sure though

i took a lot of my pre reqs at community college

mind u the schools im talking about are state schools in texas.

at my cc, we had a pre-health adviser (crap load of nursing, pre-opt, pre-pharm students).

she actually got to sit in on admissions with some of the medical schools in texas as well as dental schools.

she told me they view cc as legitimate and they made a point about it to her and two other visiting profs.

but when i went to a&m, my pre-health advisor said
"u took ur pre reqs at cc?! go major in BIOLOGY NOW! and make sure u can continue an upwards trend"
it would be wise to check with ur state schools or schools ur interested in.

my advice:
u can take a couple of classes at CC that are pre-reqs and it won't be a big deal. couple of classes meaning (like max ~4)

also if ur not a bio major, and ur just supplementing the core pre-reqs (genbio,genchems,orgos, physics, english,cal) u completed at the 4 yr level, then by all means take micro and human a&p at cc. it only helps and shows ur motivated if u were say an english or finance major. hope that helps.

I took Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2 at a CC along with Psychology and Composition I. I'm enrolled at a 4 year college and am taking the rest of my classes there to obtain my Biochemistry degree.

I'm hoping that these courses will be accepted when I apply to dentistry school in two years :p.