Do DO schools give out scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question is in thread. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard DMU gave out a few (not full tuition) but it was to students with spectacular stats with a cutoff of 30 (I think).

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard MSUCOM gives some to OOS students to bring their tuition more in line with IS students.

Nova gives a full tuition scholarship for years 3 and 4 however you have to do an OMM fellowship after year 2. They only accept a limited number of students into this and supposedly it is quite competitive.

Nova gives a full tuition scholarship for years 3 and 4 however you have to do an OMM fellowship after year 2. They only accept a limited number of students into this and supposedly it is quite competitive.

I thought that it was some kind of a research fellowship, not an OMM fellowship? Maybe I'm wrong.

do they give those scholarships based on your performance in year1&2?

do they give those scholarships based on your performance in year1&2?

off their website it says:

Award Amount: Full Tuition

Requirements: Students must be enrolled in the second year of medical school to apply. Students are provided 12-month (pregraduation) fellowships in addition to training and experience in osteopathic manipulative medicine. Recipients receive full tuition for their junior and senior years in osteopathic medicine. Students will be notified of application process and deadlines by the Department of Osteopathic Principles and Practice.

I would assume that the scholarship is based mainly on your performance in OMM classes, but they probably somewhat take into account your overall academic standing in other courses. A current student might be able to comment on this topic better.

off their website it says:

Award Amount: Full Tuition

Requirements: Students must be enrolled in the second year of medical school to apply. Students are provided 12-month (pregraduation) fellowships in addition to training and experience in osteopathic manipulative medicine. Recipients receive full tuition for their junior and senior years in osteopathic medicine. Students will be notified of application process and deadlines by the Department of Osteopathic Principles and Practice.

I would assume that the scholarship is based mainly on your performance in OMM classes, but they probably somewhat take into account your overall academic standing in other courses. A current student might be able to comment on this topic better.

Thank you. I heard there was also a basic science research fellowship?

KCUMB also does the scholarship based on your first two years performance.

And DMU (oh wait someone already mentioned that).

so which DO school is the cheapest to go to and you can still get a quality medical school education? In the end, I just want to get out of debt first asap since I am paying nothing for college at all due to a full tuition scholarship and most likely headed the DO route so where can I go for a decent medical school education that won't haunt me after in terms of tuition/scholarship/debt?

LECOM gave me a "academic merit scholarship".

Its pretty small, but every bit helps I guess.

Oh and LECOM is probably the cheapest school for OOS.

LECOM is super-duper cheap. Its a good deal, just didn't see myself there.

I know PCOM gives out scholarships with acceptances. Not getting one was a downer, but I did get two need-based scholarships which covers a few months of rent, haha.

I thought that it was some kind of a research fellowship, not an OMM fellowship? Maybe I'm wrong.
Nova has both research and OMM fellowships. I think there are more OMM fellowships available than research ones, where you graduate in 5 years and get the last 3 years free, plus possibly a stipend (i don't recall), maybe it is just a stipend for your extra 'fellowship year'

LECOM gave me a "academic merit scholarship".

Its pretty small, but every bit helps I guess.

Oh and LECOM is probably the cheapest school for OOS.
Hi engineeredout,

When did you find out about your scholarship? Were you already in class, or did you find out in advance? Thanks.

Not to be a buzzkill here, but I wouldn't spend a lot of time waiting for a reply...we're about 6.5+ years out from the last activity on this thread...;)

Reactions: 2 users
Not to be a buzzkill here, but I wouldn't spend a lot of time waiting for a reply...we're about 6.5+ years out from the last activity on this thread...;)
Waiting with bated breath.