DO ENT programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giznut12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the quality of the osteopathic ent residency programs? Which ones are the best. I have heard good things about Grandview and Doctor's (Columbus). How competitive are these positions? How much weight is put on board scores and class rank?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure exactly where this program ranks, but there is a large (relatively) DO program in Joplin, Mo at Freeman health center. They seem pretty progressive, have good facilities, very high volume for a DO program, and they also have a linked intern year.

stoic said:
I'm not sure exactly where this program ranks, but there is a large (relatively) DO program in Joplin, Mo at Freeman health center. They seem pretty progressive, have good facilities, very high volume for a DO program, and they also have a linked intern year.

Joplin is generally considered one of the best if not the best DO ENT residency from what I've been told by some residents. I have heard that they require residents to sign a contract commiting them to entering a fellowship after completing residency. Does anyone know if this is true?