DO friendly neuro residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thethrill

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 3rd yr, almost 4th yr osteopathic medical student in the process of finding out which MD neurology programs are "D.O. friendly". I know that the cleveland clinic in Florida has one D.O. in it's neurology program and that USF has a couple D.O.'s in their program. Any knowledge in this area would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

thethrill--

I know a DO that will be starting neuro at Michigan State ACGME program. You mentioned two Florida programs, but I wasn't sure if you were opposed to the mid-west.

Good luck.

Neurology is an easy match and the vast majority of programs welcome DOs. Don't worry about it. Be more concerned about getting good letters of recommendation and finding a program that meets your personal and professional goals. Also, make sure you know your deadlines! At this point, you should already be registered with the San Fransisco Match Service. It's also time to start calling programs and asking for their PR info.

Neurogirl DO, MPH :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your input. I have registered for the january match and I am waiting for information from the san francisco match. I agree that Michigan has several good DO programs, but who wants to live in Michigan :) just jokin. actually I'm at MSUCOM right now. I am just trying to get a feel for what programs I have a chance at and where I stand with a 58 percentile on the COMLEX and about a 65th percentile class ranking. I feel confident I'll match somewhere. I have 3 neuro rotations coming up. Neurogirl, clever name I am thinking about change mine to neuroman, kind of has a superhero ring to it. Anybody else out there hear anything about us wacking D.O.'s matching in M.D. neurology residencies?

thrill,

If you are interested in the Southeast, I shadowed a neurologist this past year who attended COMP and completed neurology residency at UAB in mid nineties.....He currently is in practice in Birmingham

Also -- side note -- my father was treated at UAB neurology department for a rare disorder and his physician I believe is the PD of UAB's program....a very brilliant physician

carpe

UC Davis, Very DO friendly, has one DO in the Neurology program that I know of.