Do Graduate Schools Know Where You Have Been Accepted and What Has Been Offered?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctors Without Orders

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, as I am a long time reader, but first time poster on SDN. I ended up graduating from undergrad in 3 years and so my fourth year decided to do a one years master program(Non-SMP). I ended up applying to two places and got into a 1 year program at Johns Hopkins Medical School and into a 1 year program at Harvard Medical School. My question ultimately is, do they know that I have been accepted by the opposite school? One school right now is offering complete funding and the other is offering substantial, but limited funding. I would assume schools do not know what is being offered to me in terms of funding but that again is MY assumption. Just wondering if they know that I have been accepted into multiple programs or if I should contact them to let me know.

Thanks so much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Gonnif, thanks for responding. Just for the sake of clarity I want to say that these are not SMP, but assume that your answer still would apply to these programs.

Gonnif, thanks for responding. Just for the sake of clarity I want to say that these are not SMP, but assume that your answer still would apply to these programs.

Yup, still applies. Still no centralized system.

Congratulations on the acceptances!

Members don't see this ad :)
So would it simply be okay to send each school a message saying that other school has accepted me and in the case of the one not offering full funding that the other is offering full funding. I am just wary of how to appropriately broach the subject.

So would it simply be okay to send each school a message saying that other school has accepted me and in the case of the one not offering full funding that the other is offering full funding. I am just wary of how to appropriately broach the subject.
As long as you are being truthful, you can certainly give it a try. The worst they can say is "no."

Reactions: 1 user
No reason to tell the full funding school you have a limited funding offer. Tell the limited school you've got full funding elsewhere and if they can match it. I assume you want to attend the limited funding place over the other one. Many schools are responsive to these messages, esp if it's another top place so make sure you're clear on which other school gave you money. Best of luck and looks like you're doing well!