DO = holistic, eastern medicine. Embrace it.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Apparently there is a disturbing trend lately here with people hanging nooses in certain areas.
Certain areas= Columbia University :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to DO school because I want to be a yoga teacher. I'm going to go watch a bunch of Steven Seagal movies now and start acting like him.

I'd caution against this. Have you ever noticed the way Steven Seagal flaps his hands when he runs. People really might judge you while running worse than if you were to call your competition oriental. He's also really let himself go.

DO's aren't ninjas, they are the carny version of an md. That is, the whole holistic approach comes down to manipulation through tiltawhirls and candied apples. Bad news my friends, lots of vomit.

I really like this thread, it's getting nice and ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really like this thread, it's getting nice and ridiculous.

Totally, it's a great mix of DO satire and URM rage.

You know you can't get into DO school without being of mixed race, or having been born outside the US, right?

I already have a ninja midwife outfit, I'm so ready!!! Black organic linen healing!!!

When I told people that I was applying to DO schools many assumed that I would be learning acupuncture at some point. They also thought I was going to be a chiropractor. This was after I explained how DOs get the same training as MDs!

Good luck with the interview next week.

Part of the reason, probably, is that chiropractors never waste time telling people that their training is "just like an MD". Heck, I've been informed by a chiropractor on another discussion board that he is an "entry-level physician". :rolleyes:

People unfortunately believe the chiropractic BS and think that we are saying the same thing.

Totally, it's a great mix of DO satire and URM rage.

You know you can't get into DO school without being of mixed race, or having been born outside the US, right?

I already have a ninja midwife outfit, I'm so ready!!! Black organic linen healing!!!
Totally, its getting quite fun to read. And still somewhat civil somehow. Interesting.

Have you started sharpening your ninja stars and acupuncture needles used in the first year classes?

Hmm, maybe acoustic Metallica covers with Allison Krauss on backup vocals. No banjos though; that'd be going too far.
Sadly, I would pay to hear her try to sing "Of Wolf and Man". :laugh:

On a somewhat related, but still seriously weird tangent, I've joked about doing an orchestral arrangement of "Walk" by Pantera as a tribute to Dimebag Darryl.

One day, as a DO-ninja, I will be able to silently scale walls in order to sneak up on people and HEAL them!!! muahahahahaha!!!

"Don't I look like silent death?"--Adam Savage of "Mythbusters"

Can we get extra insurance reimbursement for providing services while in ninja stealth mode???

Can we get extra insurance reimbursement for providing services while in ninja stealth mode???

No, since it is in stealth mode, it is accepted by the community that you will performing this treatment and neither your patients nor the insurance companies will know about it. Just another way selfless DOs are saving the world, one painful musculoskeletal disorder at a time.