Do I have a chance at any EM ACGME programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alisepeep

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys DO from east coast school over here, my comlex 1 is 480 2 is 461 usmle 1 200 usmle 2 217, do i have a chancec at any acgme programs? if not, which aoa programs do i have a chance at? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you a 4th year? If so I would recommend applying ASAP broadly to AOA EM programs, probably every program. Your chances at ACGME are slim but if you have stellar SLOE's and apply to every program you will probably get some interviews.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a red flag going down on comlex 2, but not a huge one. I would recommend trying to do at least 2 away rotations at AOA programs, which can make up for a below average comlex if they like you and you work your butt off. Acgme is going to be tough, but not impossible if you apply very broadly and get 2 great SLOE letters.

basically everyone went down on comlex 2 this year, they fudged up the grading system..most people went down 50 -150, im happy i only went down less than 20 at this point..hopefully program directors notice this

I just heard that from someone else.. How did that happen? Not that I'm surprised at the nbome screwing something up, but just wondered.

Being that all programs are transitioning to become ACGME, just apply to all of them

Being that all programs are transitioning to become ACGME, just apply to all of them
When do you anticipate that will be complete and md's could apply to traditionally DO programs?

It's going to be a while, and I don't see all AOA programs making it unless acgme lowers their standards.

When do you anticipate that will be complete and md's could apply to traditionally DO programs?
From what I remember all transition must be complete by 2020
I know a few programs already getting pre-approval to be accredited by this coming summer