Do I Have a Chance at MSTP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mean Green Raider

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am currently a graduate student at TTUHSC-Lubbock getting my masters in biomedical sciences (Its a special 2 year masters program where we take classes with the MS1s the first year & then TA the MS1s the second year).
MCAT Score: 517 (129 C/P, 127 CARS, 131 Bio/Biochem, & 130 P/S)
Undergrad & Grad cGPA: Approximately 3.8
Undergrad & Grad sGPA: Approximately 3.8
Total Research Hours: 500-550
Shadowing: Approximately 100 hours (70 EM, 20 Neurosurgery, & 5 ENT), and I am about to start shadowing an orthopedic surgeon.
2 of my letters of recommendation are from professors at the HSC here.
Do you think I have a realistic chance of getting into TTUHSC's MSTP program? I'm a little worried because one of the colleges I got dual credit from in high school sent my transcript under the wrong name, so I likely won't be complete until the beginning of September instead of the beginning of August.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
I am currently a graduate student at TTUHSC-Lubbock getting my masters in biomedical sciences (Its a special 2 year masters program where we take classes with the MS1s the first year & then TA the MS1s the second year).
Shadowing: Approximately 100 hours (70 EM, 20 Neurosurgery, & 5 ENT), and I am about to start shadowing an orthopedic surgeon.
Do you think I have a realistic chance of getting into TTUHSC's MSTP program? I'm a little worried because one of the colleges I got dual credit from in high school sent my transcript under the wrong name, so I likely won't be complete until the beginning of September instead of the beginning of August.
I can't say with respect to the specific program. You hopefully have a strong recommendation from your PI that could help you. But in general to me, your numbers look okay but not sure about outstanding to get into the MSTP track.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone,

I suggest posting your question on the physician scientist subforum here on Student Doctor Network. There are MSTP administrators who post there.

What are your undergraduate sGPA and cGPA standing alone?

I suggest posting your question on the physician scientist subforum here on Student Doctor Network. There are MSTP administrators who post there.

What are your undergraduate sGPA and cGPA standing alone?
My Undergrad cGPA & sGPA were both approx. 3.8, my Masters cGPA & sGPA are also both approx. 3.8. And that's a great idea about the other subforum. Thank you!