Do I have a chance at US schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berkeleyboy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice would be great! Should I apply thru amcas for fall 2004 or go to the caribbean for Jan03? I have a 3.0 overall, 3.0 science, and 30 mcat. My transcipt has a D in Bio2, an F in Ochem2, and 5 W's. Do I have a chance for US schools if I wait? Any feedback would be much appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by berkeleyboy
Any advice would be great! Should I apply thru amcas for fall 2004 or go to the caribbean for Jan03? I have a 3.0 overall, 3.0 science, and 30 mcat. My transcipt has a D in Bio2, an F in Ochem2, and 5 W's. Do I have a chance for US schools if I wait? Any feedback would be much appreciated. thanks

Hey berkeleyboy,

I'm a Cal graduate and in a word, I'd have to say, "no." I'll give you some advice: Just try to graduate from Cal, get a job doing some healthcare/research related work (plenty available in the Bay Area), then retake your premed classes at a JC and *ACE* them. If you do this you might have a chance at a US school. Your decision to retake the classes won't be held against and instead be seen as evidence of your dedication to become a physician.

Drusso,
thanks for the honest opinion. I don't think that I really stand a chance for US either. I'm applying to sgu and ross right now. What by the way, what have you been doing since you've graduated from Cal?