Do I have a chance at US schools?

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by berkeleyboy, Oct 18, 2002.

1. berkeleyboy

berkeleyboy Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Any advice would be great! Should I apply thru amcas for fall 2004 or go to the caribbean for Jan03? I have a 3.0 overall, 3.0 science, and 30 mcat. My transcipt has a D in Bio2, an F in Ochem2, and 5 W's. Do I have a chance for US schools if I wait? Any feedback would be much appreciated. thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. drusso

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    Hey berkeleyboy,

I'm a Cal graduate and in a word, I'd have to say, "no." I'll give you some advice: Just try to graduate from Cal, get a job doing some healthcare/research related work (plenty available in the Bay Area), then retake your premed classes at a JC and *ACE* them. If you do this you might have a chance at a US school. Your decision to retake the classes won't be held against and instead be seen as evidence of your dedication to become a physician.

4. berkeleyboy

berkeleyboy Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Drusso,
    thanks for the honest opinion. I don't think that I really stand a chance for US either. I'm applying to sgu and ross right now. What by the way, what have you been doing since you've graduated from Cal?