Do I have a chance? Low MCAT, High GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshineband

Reaction score
Hey friends!
I'm applying this cycle and I want y'all to be straight with me.

I've got a cGPA of 3.92, a sGPA of 3.93, a graduate GPA of 4.0, and an MCAT score of 505 (124/125/126/130).

I've done over 1000 hours of community service, I've run two different clubs (Pride Alliance and Active Minds), I had the highest GPA in my college's graduating class, and I have around 100 hours with paid work in a clinical environment (I work as a peer monitor for an addictions facility). I have worked as a graduate assistant for the last year, and I have done some mental health counseling. I'm currently pursuing a master's in clinical mental health counseling, and I have made it very clear in my application that I want to be a psychiatrist. I have really excellent letters of rec. I have done around 500 hours of research in social psychology, and I have a first author poster presentation and a second author poster presentation.

So far I've applied to:
SUNY Buffalo
SUNY Downstate
Temple
Commonwealth
Central Michigan
Michigan State
University of Rochester
UVM
University of Connecticut
Drexel
Penn State
Albany Medical College
Loyola
NYIT
Touro
LECOM

(For reference, I am from NY, I went to undergrad in VT, one of my LOR has done substantial work with UConn and told me to apply there)

Please be brutal. Because I'm a mental health counselor/psych major, I never had any pre-med advisors, so I'm only going based off of MSAR and stuff like that.

Members don't see this ad.

You could receive interviews with your stats. I suggest adding these schools:
SUNY Upstate
Stony Brook
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
Jefferson
George Washington
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont