Do I have a chance on the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mz23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a junior in Uni. I just transferred from a community college. I am taking orgo right now but I still have to take Biochem and Physics, which I do not know if I will be able to take before the MCAT (which I plan to take in the summer).
I got kaplan books & was planning on taking classes later on, however, I have been trying to study the books this week but I honestly start crying by page 30 because I don't know most of the information.
I don't understand how I'll be able to memorize all of that by the summer if I don't even know the concepts.
What should I do and do I even have a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

are you planning on taking it this year? IF not, don't worry you have a whole year to learn concepts. I would definately recommend taking a physics and biochem course as well, you'll develop lots of basic knowledge. What's your major? If you're doing it next summer, go over concepts throughout the year, and I would focus on practising toward march/ april so that you're good for the summer.

Biochem is built on ochem concepts. If you're just taking ochem now don't fret that you don't understand biochem yet. Same for physics; take the course then worry about studying for the mcat.

I was going over the General Chem Kaplan book today and I didn't even get past page 11, I didn't know the concepts afterwards.
I don't know if it's because I took these classes at a community college but I feel like everyone just had to REVIEW the concepts and I have to learn them... it makes me feel like I can't do it

well dont give up. Get a tutor if you need to..most of the people taking the test next year havent started studying for it..and you have. Try your best to understand material and dont be afraid to learn them from scratch right now...everyone needs to begin somewhere. If you really want to do the MCAT, you'll have to learn the concepts anyway.

Reactions: 1 users