1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Do I have a Chance? Please Respond! THANKS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by pag, Dec 16, 1999.

1. pag

pag Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello, I'm currently a student (senior) studying sports medicine- Allied Health and Athletic Training. In my first two years of school I didn't do well and recieved several C's. In my last two years of college I have done resonably well, 3.5 student. The problem is when everything adds up, I'm a 2.9 gpa. With my experience as an student athletic trainer I decided I wanted to become a physician about a year ago. I'm solely interested in becoming a D.O. I'm a native of Maine and know exactly the school I want to go to - UNECOM. I havn't taken the MCAT yet b/c I still havn't taken organic chemistry..
    First, do I have a prayer
    Second, does anybody know if UNE has a program (something like a POSTBACC. where I can fulfill the requirments and further prepare myself to med. school. ) I'm thankful for any positive of negative advice anyone can supply me with, Thank-YOU!!!

------------------

Anthony

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Eric

Eric Member
    10+ Year Member

You certainly have a chance albeit not a very competitive one relative to other students. The fact that you have shown a great improvement in the latter part of your college life counts for something. You have to now find ways to set yourself apart. Don't give up!

4. doatc

doatc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pag,

I am an ATC and a MSII at CCOM. If you want to talk about your situation, drop me an email.

5. KimR

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Anthony,

Of course you have a chance! Especially if you can demonstrate that you can do the med school work. Work really hard to do well in orgo and then kick butt on the MCAT!

Good luck!!!

6. Susan

Susan Member
    10+ Year Member

You may want to make an appointment with the director of admissions and find out what you can do to prepare and improve your chances. I did this with my first choice school and found it helpful. It's a good way for them to get to know you and see that you are serious.
    Good Luck!

7. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Susans right. I did the same at MSU and it made all the difference. I didn't get accepted on my first attempt last year.

------------------
    DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004