Aug 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
What are my chances of getting into dental school with these statistics?

DAT:
AA-20
Science-20
PAT-19
Quant-19
RC-21
Bio-22
Chem-19
Orgo-20

Science GPA-3.66
Non-science GPA-3.91
BCP GPA-3.64
Total GPA-3.79

I'm also Hispanic, played collegiate soccer for four years, volunteered as a phlebotomist for about 350 hours and shadowed a general dentist for 75 hours.

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Solid stats and URM (I don't mean to be offensive; you're competitive for any race!!)? You're golden! Get that app in!

DMDDDSHopeful

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
2+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
You should post this in the "Chance me" thread. You're definitely going to get in. I know someone that was URM who got in with about 4-5 points less than you in each section. But that's just DAT. Keep doing ECs, research, and volunteering and you are set.

Chlorophyll Oracle

2+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
What are my chances of getting into dental school with these statistics?

DAT:
AA-20
Science-20
PAT-19
Quant-19
RC-21
Bio-22
Chem-19
Orgo-20

Science GPA-3.66
Non-science GPA-3.91
BCP GPA-3.64
Total GPA-3.79

I'm also Hispanic, played collegiate soccer for four years, volunteered as a phlebotomist for about 350 hours and shadowed a general dentist for 75 hours.
you should be okay I think. Honestly, you have the completely average grades for dental school application. The thing that's crazy to me is the disparity between science and non science GPA. But all in all, a 20 DAT and a 3.8 should be good enough to get you in somewhere!

DMDDDSHopeful

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
2+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
you should be okay I think. Honestly, you have the completely average grades for dental school application. The thing that's crazy to me is the disparity between science and non science GPA. But all in all, a 20 DAT and a 3.8 should be good enough to get you in somewhere!
There's a user that posted he had received an invite and his disparity was like a 3.6 science and 2.9 non-science so I don't think they care much about the non-science.

Chlorophyll Oracle

2+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
There's a user that posted he had received an invite and his disparity was like a 3.6 science and 2.9 non-science so I don't think they care much about the non-science.
I don't think so either honestly. I just threw that out as like the only thing admissions people could pull out. I don't see a reason why you shouldn't get in somewhere, you have a pretty solid application.