1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Do I have a chance?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by sson2200, Sep 30, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. sson2200

sson2200 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I took the MCAT twice : 1st PS 9 VR 6 BS 9
    2nd 13 6 12

I have a 3.8 cGPA and decent volunteer / EC.

Do I have a chance at getting into an MD? (which schools should I apply to?)

And does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what I can do to improve my chances?

Any response would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. diesel2101

diesel2101 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Is English your first language? To be honest, I don't see any US schools looking past a 6.

4. pollos

pollos

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Yeah even though you have a nice composite score, it's extremely unbalanced and the 6 won't get you past most, if not all, auto screens. I think the only way you could avoid a retake to try and balance out your score is as diesel asked, English isn't your first language.

5. sson2200

sson2200 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yes, English is my second language, but I am fluent in English. Do you think that I should plan on retaking before applying? I was scoring 9-11 on the AAMCs before the second MCAT, but I don't know what happened...

About the ads