Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed_2495

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am a junior and my cgpa is a 3.38 and sgpa is a 3.1. I am planning to apply for D.O. school this summer, and I am taking my MCAT next Friday.
Have I totally screwed up and wait till next year to apply or can I apply broadly and get in somewhere? :(
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

ECs?
If you don't have any wait until next year.
Good luck on the MCAT.

Hi guys!

I am a junior and my cgpa is a 3.38 and sgpa is a 3.1. I am planning to apply for D.O. school this summer, and I am taking my MCAT next Friday.
Have I totally screwed up and wait till next year to apply or can I apply broadly and get in somewhere? :(
Thanks in advance!
Do you prefer D.O. to M.D.? Why not see what you can improve as far as gpa and any other deficits as a senior and apply for both if you are interested in M.D. If you are set on applying now a 3.38 is not going to destroy you assuming everything else in your application is good.

It's hard to say without a MCAT score. Your GPAs might be okay for DO but without the MCAT and some idea of your ECs it's impossible to predict. The DO cycle does run longer so if you do really well on the MCAT and your ECs are all in place you might be okay to apply this year to DO only. Maybe you should just wait and apply for the next cycle and have everything set for the best application possible. You really only want to apply once.