AlekseiMaestro

May 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I am a junior student with 91-credits completed (59 credits were transferred from cc - GPA before transfer 3.74).
My GPA now is 3.75 and my science GPA is 3.65.
Expecting to take DAT in June.
State of Residence: IL
I have completed 1 sem of research, and +200h shadowing.
The problem is that I don't have any leadership or volunteering experience because I had to work during my time in cc, and when I decided to take some volunteering hours covid-19 happened, and also that nearly half of my science prereqs were completed in cc.
Universities I am expecting to apply: UIC, NOVA, New England, Buffalo, LECOM, Southern, SIU, UT, Columbia

futuredmdblue

Feb 16, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I am a junior student with 91-credits completed (59 credits were transferred from cc - GPA before transfer 3.74).
My GPA now is 3.75 and my science GPA is 3.65.
Expecting to take DAT in June.
State of Residence: IL
I have completed 1 sem of research, and +200h shadowing.
The problem is that I don't have any leadership or volunteering experience because I had to work during my time in cc, and when I decided to take some volunteering hours covid-19 happened, and also that nearly half of my science prereqs were completed in cc.
Universities I am expecting to apply: UIC, NOVA, New England, Buffalo, LECOM, Southern, SIU, UT, Columbia

I’d either try to get volunteer experience or remove UIC and LECOM from your list. They’re big on community organizations and if you don’t have that experience, your app won’t get a second look. You should check with each school to see if they’ll accept upper level sciences with CC credit. I know some won’t but transferring 59 credits from community college can go two different ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlekseiMaestro

May 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I’d either try to get volunteer experience or remove UIC and LECOM from your list. They’re big on community organizations and if you don’t have that experience, your app won’t get a second look. You should check with each school to see if they’ll accept upper level sciences with CC credit. I know some won’t but transferring 59 credits from community college can go two different ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, I will remove LECOM. Do you think should I leave UIC if I am studying in UIC now, and I am an IL resident?

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.