General Admissions & OTCAS Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ader1129

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Going through applications and I’m getting so nervous on whether I have a chance of getting in anywhere! What are my chances?

Major: B.A in Biology & B.S in Psychology

Overall GPA: 3.46

Pre-Req GPA: 3.85

GRE: Math (150) Verbal (145) Writing (4.0)

Letters of Rec from 2 OTs, 2 Supervisors from Work

Experience:
•Shadowed 138 hours in various settings such as Elementary School, Pediatrics, Outpatient and Inpatient Therapy, Hand Therapy, and Acute
•Volunteered for 2 years at an Inpatient Rehab
•Volunteered 6 months at an Outpatient Rehab
•Worked as a Registered Behavior Technician for 2 years
•Currently working as a Hospitality Aide in an Assisted Living Facility

Applying to: Lenoir-Rhyne University, East Carolina, Winston-Salem State, Radford University, UNC Chapel Hill

Any feedback will be great! I am so nervous for this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I go to WSSU for undergrad and talked to Ms. Frank numerous of times your experience and stats are really good. I know you'll get into Lenoir -Rhyne, ECU and WSSU.

I go to WSSU for undergrad and talked to Ms. Frank numerous of times your experience and stats are really good. I know you'll get into Lenoir -Rhyne, ECU and WSSU.
Thank you! That sounds very hopeful :) how do you like the program at WSSU?

Members don't see this ad :)
I like it a lot I’ve always wanted to go to school in a large city so I didn’t apply there. Hopefully with my stats I’ll get accepted into at least one of the programs I applied to .
Good luck with this process

Going through applications and I’m getting so nervous on whether I have a chance of getting in anywhere! What are my chances?

Major: B.A in Biology & B.S in Psychology

Undergrad GPA: 3.28

Pre-Req GPA: 3.85

GRE: Math (150) Verbal (145) Writing (3.5)
(Yikes)

Letters of Rec from 2 OTs, 2 Supervisors from Work

Experience:
•Shadowed 138 hours in various settings such as Elementary School, Pediatrics, Outpatient and Inpatient Therapy, Hand Therapy, and Acute
•Volunteered for 2 years at an Inpatient Rehab
•Volunteered 6 months at an Outpatient Rehab
•Worked as a Registered Behavior Technician for 2 years
•Currently working as a Hospitality Aide in an Assisted Living Facility

Applying to: Lenoir-Rhyne University, East Carolina, Winston-Salem State, Radford University, UNC Chapel Hill

Any feedback will be great! I am so nervous for this cycle!
Hey! I also applied to Radford University. You have a lot of experience and are very involved I think you should be fine. Have you heard back from any schools yet?!

Your stats are really similar to mine (exact same GPA actually) and I was accepted to D'Youville College and waitlisted at Sacred Heart and Messiah University this year! I think that you definitely have a chance.

Nope. Have you?
Your stats are really similar to mine (exact same GPA actually) and I was accepted to D'Youville College and waitlisted at Sacred Heart and Messiah University this year! I think that you definitely have a chance.
Thank you. I am feeling really hopeful for Winston-Salem and Lenoir Rhyne! Congrats on your acceptance!