1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

do i have a chance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rosa, Jun 30, 2002.

1. rosa

rosa Member
    7+ Year Member

here are the stats:

3.89 undergrad GPA (psychobio/neurosci minor)

2+ years of research experience (with publication in very prominent journal, but not primary author)

medical/non-medical volunteer experience (hospice, hospital, non-profit org.)

took MCATs twice: 7,9,10 O; 7,10,9 M

asian, F

:confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GATC

GATC Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think we need to tell you that your GPA is great. Being published is also a plus. Have you done clinical stuff? The MCAT is a bit low and you did take it twice. A while ago some members posted that Asian applicants have a really hard time getting in because they are very qualified having very high GPA and MCAT scores. I don't know if this is true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. Don't get discouraged though. I don't think numbers are the most important thing....it is you. These numbers should be good enough to get interviews and there is when they really get to know you. Good Luck!

4. Pearl

Pearl Junior Member

Your stats are definitely good enough to get interviews.What you need to concentrate on is writing a kick *ss personal statement.As a Asian applicant you will need to really set yourself apart from the regular applicant and you do that by writing an excellent statement!!It took me about 6-7weeks to complete my statement.I suppose it was worth it since i had 12 interviews.Good luck you.