Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myameena

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I have decided that I want to go into dentistry but looking back on my undergrad grades.....well my GPA is like a 2.8 or something. I went on and got my Master's in Biology which came to a 3.42 because of 2 or 3 B's (had a baby during that time so my concentration wasn't the greatest). I'm not sure what my science GPA is but it can't be that bad. I do have to go take physics and organic chems yet so I can still do well on those. My question is do I have a chance of being admitted like this? Or do I have to run off and get another Master's to prove myself???

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you definately have a chance. explain your life experiences and hardships to the ad com and I am certain they will understand.

Do very good in Ochem and Physics so they can see you can handle the hardest prerequisites...Ochem is hard; physics sucks even more.

Study hard for the DAT, make sure you hit over 20 and I believe you will be accepted. Are you applying for this year?

Good luck to you, and welcome to SDN!

DesiDentist

HIya..

No I'm not applying this year becuase I still have to do my most important prerequisites. I will take Ochem I and phys I in the spring and then finish up in the fall. I hope to date the date in the spring of 04 and apply then.

sounds like a plan! Remember you can take Physics during the application cycle since the DAT does not cover Physics.

Good luck,

DesiDentist