1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Do I have a chance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by myameena, Nov 5, 2002.

1. myameena

myameena Member

Hi everybody

I have decided that I want to go into dentistry but looking back on my undergrad grades.....well my GPA is like a 2.8 or something. I went on and got my Master's in Biology which came to a 3.42 because of 2 or 3 B's (had a baby during that time so my concentration wasn't the greatest). I'm not sure what my science GPA is but it can't be that bad. I do have to go take physics and organic chems yet so I can still do well on those. My question is do I have a chance of being admitted like this? Or do I have to run off and get another Master's to prove myself???

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor

Dentist
    Yes, you definately have a chance. explain your life experiences and hardships to the ad com and I am certain they will understand.

Do very good in Ochem and Physics so they can see you can handle the hardest prerequisites...Ochem is hard; physics sucks even more.

Study hard for the DAT, make sure you hit over 20 and I believe you will be accepted. Are you applying for this year?

Good luck to you, and welcome to SDN!

DesiDentist

4. myameena

myameena Member

HIya..

No I'm not applying this year becuase I still have to do my most important prerequisites. I will take Ochem I and phys I in the spring and then finish up in the fall. I hope to date the date in the spring of 04 and apply then.

5. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor

Dentist
    sounds like a plan! Remember you can take Physics during the application cycle since the DAT does not cover Physics.

Good luck,

DesiDentist