Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poop Eater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Sorry for doing this, but I'm really worried about getting in. I've tried really hard to manage my time and do well in classes, but things don't seem to be adding up. I have a 4.0 gpa in a Biological Engineering major at the University of North Carolina, I've completed a Ph. D program in science, I'm fluent in 20 languages (and working on 5 currently), I run a Kung-Fu dojo for orphans in my spare time, I'm waiting on a patent for a computer robot that removes impacted stool (and quite comfortably, too), I've cured several forms of rare cancer in my research, I built a 50,000 square foot homeless shelter with my own bare hands, and I'm actually a Medical Doctor right now. I'm going back for a second trip around. Just to be safe, I'm currently married to a medical doctor who I shadow every time she works.

My letters of recommendation are pretty good. I just received President Obama's LOR in the mail today, and he's pretty enthusiastic about me becoming a medical doctor. The Dahlia Lama has also offered to come with me to each interview. He says I'm a gift to the world, or something like that. I hope they will carry some weight…
So, should I just forget about entering next cycle? I know everyone has more impressive things than I do here…

Members don't see this ad.

Apply broadly and add DO schools. You need a science LOR too, Obama was a law major. Also, more clinical experience, and you should be OK. Just write atleast a 45S (atleast, shoot for the T) and you should atleast get into SGU or something. Use my MDapps for reference. Best of luck! Im sure one of these cycles you'll get good news.

I think that you should just go for pharmacy

Members don't see this ad :)
previously posted by Poop Eater
I'm actually a Medical Doctor right now. I'm going back for a second trip around.
lol. r u serious??? y would u wanna do that?

Make sure you have an outstanding personal statement. Your ECs look a little on the boring side so you are going to need to pick up something else interesting, learning a super power usually helps.

Sorry to say that President Obama's letter won't count for much if you didn't waive your right to see it. From now on, have the LOR writers submit directly.

world would be a better place if you made the peace corps a career path

Hi everyone. Sorry for doing this, but I'm really worried about getting in. I've tried really hard to manage my time and do well in classes, but things don't seem to be adding up. I have a 4.0 gpa in a Biological Engineering major at the University of North Carolina, I've completed a Ph. D program in science, I'm fluent in 20 languages (and working on 5 currently), I run a Kung-Fu dojo for orphans in my spare time, I'm waiting on a patent for a computer robot that removes impacted stool (and quite comfortably, too), I've cured several forms of rare cancer in my research, I built a 50,000 square foot homeless shelter with my own bare hands, and I'm actually a Medical Doctor right now. I'm going back for a second trip around. Just to be safe, I'm currently married to a medical doctor who I shadow every time she works.

My letters of recommendation are pretty good. I just received President Obama's LOR in the mail today, and he's pretty enthusiastic about me becoming a medical doctor. The Dahlia Lama has also offered to come with me to each interview. He says I'm a gift to the world, or something like that. I hope they will carry some weight…
So, should I just forget about entering next cycle? I know everyone has more impressive things than I do here…
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Take a year off and do post-bac. Your GPA won't cut it for med school.