1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Do I have a prayer???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kc2doc, Oct 28, 2000.

1. kc2doc

kc2doc Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

With the following stats do I have a prayer of even getting into my state school? 3.55 overall GPA, 3.62 science GPA, 19 on my first MCAT, second score - 7V,8P,10B N. I have tons of community svc., physician shadowing both MD & DO, volunteer work, lots of extra-curriculars and great rec. letters. My grandfather graduated from this same state school, if that matters at all. I think I fall into the DO schools requirements, but was curious about MD chances. Please respond, but be kind.
    Thanks.

[This message has been edited by kc2doc (edited 10-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by kc2doc (edited 10-28-2000).]

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. together

together Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

kc2doc,

I think you're an excellent candidate for DO schools. Your 6 point improvement on the MCAT will be noted and with other criteria satisfyingly fulfilled, you will have a great chance of being accepted. As far as allopathic medical schools, it depends on what your state school is. The national average MCAT score of matriculated allopathic medical students is 27, by the way.

I'm a senior in college and plan to retake the MCAT in April 2001. Could you give me some tips about how you were able to significantly improve your score?

Thanks! Feel free to ask me questions. I have read extensively amount medical school -- allopathic and ostepathic -- admissions processes and would be more than happy to assist you in any way.

Best wishes,

Together

4. kc2doc

kc2doc Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Unfortunately, my state only has 1 state med school. My improvement was due to taking the Princeton Review this summer. I went into my first MCAT with no prep at all. Thanks for the encouragement.

5. KMorris3

KMorris3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I don't think the above statistic is correct.
    The national average MCAT score of matriculated allopathic medical students is not 27. I am pretty sure it is about 30. I think the average MCAT score for those who have applied is around 27, but not for those matriculated. I just thought you should know.

6. Mango

Mango Very Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
  7. together

together Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thank you for the correction!

Together

"It never meant as much as it does right now"