MD Do I have a shot at MD? 3.45 cGPA, 3.22 sGPA, 508 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDoc91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been focusing on applying to DO schools, but I was just wondering if it's worth applying to any MD schools. I'm a DE state resident (no instate med school). I have a 3.45 cGPA & 3.22 sGPA; improved MCAT from 496 to 508 (127/129/126/126). I have over 2000+ clinical hours (mostly in radiology, some in ortho). ~500 volunteer hours with the local fire house helping the public. ~50 hours volunteering at a hospital. My LOR's are 2 science professors, 2 DOs, my advisor, & my volunteer coordinator.

Should I consider any MDs or just stick to DO?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where is your state of residence? Are you URM?
I'm from DE. Sadly we have no med school, and the program we had with Jefferson & PCOM was cut by the state of DE. So I will be out of state everywhere I apply

Members don't see this ad :)
You are a good candidate for DO schools so apply to at least 12 and you should receive several interviews.Your chances for MD are low due to your lack of a state medical school.

You are a good candidate for DO schools so apply to at least 12 and you should receive several interviews.Your chances for MD are low due to your lack of a state medical school.
That's what I figured. My dream school has always been FSU, but I know they admit like 95% in state so I pretty much have no shot there.