Do I have a shot at MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

briandoc85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just wanted to see what you think my chances are of getting into a US MD school. I'm not interested in DO, so I'm only applying to MD schools this cycle.

Biology major
cGPA: 3.98
sGPA: 3.97
1st MCAT attempt: VR:6, PS:8, BS:9, total: 23M
2nd MCAT attempt: VR:10, PS:9, BS:8, total: 27Q

I have decent extracurriculars, good LORs, I'm 28 and not a URM. Do I have a chance at getting into a US MD school? I know my MCAT score is low but I'm really hoping I have a shot Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to see what you think my chances are of getting into a US MD school. I'm not interested in DO, so I'm only applying to MD schools this cycle.

Biology major

I have decent extracurriculars, good LORs, I'm 28 and not a URM. Do I have a chance at getting into a US MD school? I know my MCAT score is low but I'm really hoping I have a shot Thanks!

Damn, this is the biggest GPA/MCAT difference i've ever seen. Then again, i'm not in the What Are My Chances forum too much. Why are you against DO?

You're a shoo-in any any DO school, but the MCATs will keep you out of all but the low-middle tier MD schools. You'll probably have your best luck with your state schools, depending upon where you live.

Biology major

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you do! I had similar grades and a 27Q and got interviews at 6 and accepted to 2!