Do I have a shot at Touro?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cheekster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm in the middle of applying to allopathic schools when I discover that I think I want to be an osteopath. Argh! Anyway, I'm really interested in going to Touro in the Fall of 2001, and before I go to the trouble of applying there (and probably quite a few other schools), I want a realistic idea of my chances. I have a 3.45 cum and a 3.2 science GPA. My MCATs are 8P, 11V, and 12B. I do have clinical experience, and I helped to start a religious organization on campus, but I suspect this is probably the kind of extracurricular stuff that most applicants are carrying. Could anyone, especially people familiar with Touro, give me an idea of where I sit? Please be honest. I would rather feel a little upset now than feel upset later AND be out more time and money. Thanks heaps! -Cheekster

Members don't see this ad.

Go for it, you have more than a chance.
I have a 3.4 sci and 3.2 overall with a 33 MCAT (9,13,11 o). I am attending an interview next monday the 18th. (wish me luck). I have nothing extraordinary on my app. Research, volunteer, time with D.O. and the appropriate letters.
Good Luck and hope to see you there.
Rob

Thanks Rob! -Kate

Members don't see this ad :)
Cheekster, your chances are very good. My MCAT wasn't as high as yours and my gpa is about the same as yours. but, I was invited to the first round of interviews at Touro. My only advice is get to know an osteopath really well, get that awesome letter, and apply really really early so you can get that first interview.

I have no doubt you'll get in for sure.

Arnold
Western U/COMP Class of 2004

Thanks, Arnold! I'm really excited about getting to know a DO and starting to get my application togethor. Also, did you by any chance TA metabolic biochemistry for Dr. Saltman at UCSD? (I think I might have been in your class.) If so, you were a really good teacher. If not, there's another guy running around with the same name! -Kate

Kate...oh wow. yup that's me. email me at [email protected]

i'll help you out as much as i can. i'm still around here in San Diego, that is until I go to COMP next year.

Arnold
Western U/COMP Class of 2004

I am a second year studentat Touro and I am also a student representative on the interview panels. Your numbers are very competitive and it seems pretty certain you will get an interview. Last year entering class had MCATS of 27 and GPA's in the 3.4-3.5 range. My advice is that you apply early because they like to fill 2/3rds of the postitions before Christmas. The rest will depend on your interview skills. You certainly are a good candidate from the intial information given so send the application in. If you have any specific questions I can try my best to answer them. Good Luck

I was just looking through the past topics on this site and found this one to be interesting. I have a few questions for DANO. How does Touro select its interviewees, and how much of a chance do we have to get in? Also, is it true that they grant ~500 interview slots and only accept 100? I would like to find out because I would really like to go to the school. Thank you.