Do i have any chance at all

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiggz16

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been in and out of school working dead end jobs. a couple of w's on my transcripts I am currently taking prerequisites and trying to recertify my emt-b license. I'm 26 trying to see if I have any chance at all. I have a couple of years left to finish school. Will med schools look at how long it took you to graduate and if so do I stand any chance of getting in med school? Appreciate your feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Each person's story is unique with multiple variables. Try contacting the office of admissions of several of the schools in which you are interested, because in the end only they can help you accurately gauge you chance of gaining admission to their school. Look for helpful feedback, such as the areas in which you may need to strengthen your application (ie volunteering, gpa, MCAT score, etc) and hopefully you get a coveted interview and admittance. Good luck! The journey has just begun!;)

I have been in and out of school working dead end jobs. a couple of w's on my transcripts I am currently taking prerequisites and trying to recertify my emt-b license. I'm 26 trying to see if I have any chance at all. I have a couple of years left to finish school. Will med schools look at how long it took you to graduate and if so do I stand any chance of getting in med school? Appreciate your feedback

How long you took to finish school isn't a problem. The "w's" might be a problem though. More importantly how well you did in school is key.