Do I have any chance of getting into a medical school?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member 5632997

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, during my first quarter in college, I did horrible in my classes because I was dealing with a lot of personal issues the summer before. I ended that quarter with a 2.67. After that quarter until now (I am about to go into my senior year of college) I have only gotten one B each quarter and the rest As. As of right now I have raised my GPA to a 3.46. I haven't really done much EC's because I focused so much on my GPA. I did apply to a pre-surgical internship this summer which was a super long process. I was offered an interview but ultimately did not get in. So, I ended up just working a retail job again because it is so hard to find volunteer/shadowing hours in California especially since I am only home for a couple months and I really need a job to pay bills. And, it's super hard to get a spot in any professor's lab. I am seriously losing hope. Now, I am freaking out because I have no idea what to do after I graduate to improve my chances of getting into a medical school! I still have not studied for the MCAT either. My main concern is whether or not these medical schools will immediately just see my 3.46 (hopefully over a 3.5 by the time i graduate) and write me off, or will they actually look at my grade trend?

Members don't see this ad.