Mar 28, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Here is what I have done for my clinical experience:

- 80+ hours of volunteering, assisting patients and visitors at the front lobby helpdesk of a hospital
- 40 hour shadowing/observation at various operating rooms
- 20 hour shadowing/observation at intensive care unit

Do you think it would be necessary for me to do some more "clinical" volunteering? Although I have volunteered at a hospital before, it was only at the front lobby as opposed to other parts of the hospital such as the emergency room. What do you guys recommend?

solo75

10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2010
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Here is what I have done for my clinical experience:

- 80+ hours of volunteering, assisting patients and visitors at the front lobby helpdesk of a hospital
- 40 hour shadowing/observation at various operating rooms
- 20 hour shadowing/observation at intensive care unit

Do you think it would be necessary for me to do some more "clinical" volunteering? Although I have volunteered at a hospital before, it was only at the front lobby as opposed to other parts of the hospital such as the emergency room. What do you guys recommend?

If this is just clinical (as in not including all volunteer work), then I think you are doing pretty good. I would continue doing what time prevents though, as you can never really have too much.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.