Do I have to memorize drug doses for NAVLE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osejosprout

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically, as the title states, I’m wondering if I have to have drug doses memorized in order to take the NAVLE. I’m only a 1st year student so I know I have a long way to go until that test, but I’m currently taking pharmacology, and I make flashcards that I intend to continue studying throughout school, especially on breaks so I don’t forget the material. My prof. gives us the drug doses, but says we don’t need to know them for her tests, but I don’t know if that means I also don’t have to know them for NAVLE, because if I do I want to add them to my flashcards.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember needing to know doses for NAVLE. Tbh, I didn't get good at remembering them until I starred practicing

I don’t recall there being any questions about drug doses on the NAVLE nor on VetPrep. I wouldn’t worry at all about memorizing drug doses during your first year. You have so much info to cram into your head in the next years, you’re for sure not going to remember random drug doses when you get to clinics. On clinics, you’ll very quickly memorize the doses of the 5-6 drugs you use every day, and everything else you have your phone to look it up with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, I took it 4 months ago and had zero questions about dosages