Do I have to pay or am I paid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

will-be-fine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:
hi, all,
I have a question here and I would appreciate if anybody can shed some light.
If I got a position into a residency program, do I have to pay tuition for it(if yes, usually how much should I pay? Anybody know how much is the tuition for harvard prosthodotics residency program?), or am I paied as a resident in the program (if yes, how much)? thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

The way I understand it, it varies from program to program so just check each school's website for more information.

The way I understand it, it varies from program to program so just check each school's website for more information.

thank you very much for the answer. I am planning to apply for harvard prosthodotics residency program,I serched the website, but did not find the info. anybody know how much is the tuition for it? thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you very much for the answer. I am planning to apply for harvard prosthodotics residency program,I serched the website, but did not find the info. anybody know how much is the tuition for it? thank you very much!

you get paid if you go to a hospital based residency programs.....the hospital will pay your resident salary with the GME funding it receives from the government........it makes a big difference consider paying $50K tuition a year or get paid $40K a year....that is a difference of $90K a year...and Protho programs usually runs like 3 years...boy that is $270K....do you really want to go to Harvard that bad?

you get paid if you go to a hospital based residency programs.....the hospital will pay your resident salary with the GME funding it receives from the government........it makes a big difference consider paying $50K tuition a year or get paid $40K a year....that is a difference of $90K a year...and Protho programs usually runs like 3 years...boy that is $270K....do you really want to go to Harvard that bad?
Lots of people do, for some unfathomable reason. :confused:

Lots of people do, for some unfathomable reason. :confused:

Even more unfathomable would be people willing to pay $21,000 a year to go to Indiana or $49,000 for out of stater at IU, HSDM is $37,000 a year for dental school

Even more unfathomable would be people willing to pay $21,000 a year to go to Indiana or $49,000 for out of stater at IU, HSDM is $37,000 a year for dental school
I attended IUSD in-state. Paying half as much, and actually learning to do dentistry, is unfathomable?

I attended IUSD in-state. Paying half as much, and actually learning to do dentistry, is unfathomable?

I love it, this argument is so old but for some reason aphistis still gets tingly about it. Hey aphisits, go spend some time on a friday night with your girl. Us Harvard kids don't have the time to argue with you, we're too busy trying to catch up on "real dentistry" homework. "unfathomable" ... that's such a crappy adjective, buy a thesaurus.

Hey billy boy, would you mind telling me what learning real dentistry entails. Let me know what your requirements were. By the way did any of you place implants in dental school? How many crown lengthenings or gingival grafts did you do. Did your class do a minimum of 20 crowns? I forgot you probably did tons of fillings and sealants, wow. If you learned clinical dentistry so well why do an AEGD or GPR?

Aphistis,
You've got to get me hooked up with this, this sounds great. I'm going to let the faculty know what they are missing. If you could forward anything you have from your school on dentistry I would be more than grateful. I can't wait to learn!!

I love it, this argument is so old but for some reason aphistis still gets tingly about it. Hey aphisits, go spend some time on a friday night with your girl. Us Harvard kids don't have the time to argue with you, we're too busy trying to catch up on "real dentistry" homework. "unfathomable" ... that's such a crappy adjective, buy a thesaurus.
I'm surprised you'd try to continue an argument where you've been reduced to criticizing the other person's adjective choices.

Hey billy boy, would you mind telling me what learning real dentistry entails. Let me know what your requirements were. By the way did any of you place implants in dental school? How many crown lengthenings or gingival grafts did you do. Did your class do a minimum of 20 crowns? I forgot you probably did tons of fillings and sealants, wow. If you learned clinical dentistry so well why do an AEGD or GPR?
Because I had to do a PGY-1 before starting my anesthesiology fellowship next week. Thanks for asking.

Aphistis,
You've got to get me hooked up with this, this sounds great. I'm going to let the faculty know what they are missing. If you could forward anything you have from your school on dentistry I would be more than grateful. I can't wait to learn!!
Have a nice weekend, both of you.

You can step down off your soapbox now, that stuff you mentioned was fairly run-of-the-mill at my dental school. Nothing special there.

Status
Not open for further replies.