Do I have to report this incident?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aakashp127

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my freshman year for Biology class we had to write a 1 page paper regarding different majors and their uses. My friend who is a freshman currently took the course and asked me for help like what to write about and stuff and I told her what majors I used and a little about what I wrote about. I am a rising senior and this summer after school ended (end of junior year) I get an email saying that I may have violated the academic integrity policy. The paper that I wrote 2 years ago was slightly similar to the one my friend wrote by about 20% but she didn't plagiarize or anything obviously. I went in to meet the assistant director at the office of student conduct and talked about what happened and I was found NOT responsible for violating the Academic Integrity Policy.

It was a misunderstanding and the assistant director said the only way I could be issued IA was if I was found responsible, which I was not so no IA was considered as was not as serious a matter as other cases. I already submitted my application saying "NO" to the part where it asked you if you were accused of or issued IA. Should I report this to AAMC and schools? I am not sure what to do at this point since I already submitted, I'm really scared schools might think I am hiding something but I did not think that this counted cause it wasn't IA involved. Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you are fine. As you say, you didn't receive any action.