1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Do I have to send in a transcript for a remedial CC class?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by RyanRyan, Jul 26, 2006.

1. RyanRyan

RyanRyan Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi, I'm a UC-Davis student and I took a remedial algebra class from Sacramento City College, it shows up on my primary transcript because I took the class at UC-Davis, but it was offered through Sacramento City College.

It shows up on my Fall quarter and everything, do i still need to send a transcript from Sac City college?

Sorry this sounds like a stupid question, but I'm ready and everything to send my application in but I completely forgot about this.

OK so if I am screwed. i already sent my UC Davis transript to pharmcas. Is there anyway of taking that back? If I had to submit my application later, I would rather send it after my Summer Session I grades have been submitted.

Thanks a lot guys :scared:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Poland

Poland As strong as me
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I do not know about your particular college situation. I do know (and you probably do too) that PharmCAS requires information on all of the courses you have taken remedial or not. I have actually taken two remedial courses and have been curious about this. I have not applied through PharmCAS yet so I can't tell you. I did find it odd, though.

4. twester

twester Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I'm confused. Does the class show up on your UC-Davis transcript AS IF it was taken at UC-Davis? Or does it show up as a transfer credit from Sacramento? If it looks like a UC course, I wouldn't think you'd have to submit a transcript from Sacramento. If it shows as a transfer credit, then just order a transcript from Sacramento and add Sacramento as one of the schools on your PharmCAS app.

Unless you've already E-submitted the PharmCAS app? :eek: If so, you might need to call them to see if you can add the other school during the academic update period.

Good luck!

5. Can I be Dpharm

Can I be Dpharm Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Do you guys think if the admissions committe see's that you had to take a remedial class for a subject do they get a bad impression of you. I am wondering if they try to avoid students who have had to take remedail classes. Just a thought :cool:

6. twester

twester Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    No, I think the performance matters more. College Algebra appeared twice on my transcript (good grades both times) followed by Trigonometry then Calculus. It never came up during the admission process. Also, nothing was said about my taking introductory chemistry courses.

7. PolarBear21

PolarBear21 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I took remedial algebra also, then took calculus

8. RyanRyan

RyanRyan Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Well I'm not sure how a transfer class looks like because I don't have any transfer classes.. but in my transcript it shows up on my UC-Davis quarter, I took psychology 1, economics 1a, and workload remedial math.

The only thing is when it lists workload remedial math it has (SCC) attached at the very end which stands for Sacramento City College.

Here's exactly what it says on my transcript

Fall Quarter 2003

ECN 001B - Princ of Macroecon A 5.000 20.000
    PSC 001 - General Pyschology A+ 4.000 16.000
    WLD 055M - Algebra Review-SCC170M P 0.000 0.0000

I didn't get units for taking the class because it was a remedial class, I didn't even have to take the class it was just recommended by the student summer advisors because I barely qualified for Calculus (I took the class first quarter freshman year).