Do I have to withdraw from AOA match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

as90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I thought if I registered for the AOA match and didn't rank anyone, I would not need to worry about matching AOA and can just do the ACGME match. However, one of my classmates told me that if I don't rank anyone and don't match, my school will find out about it and will force me to scramble into an AOA program. So he suggested I just withdraw to be on the safe side.

I don't mind that, but I just don't want to be in a position where I don't match ACGME and then need to scramble in March.

Thanks for any tips.

Members don't see this ad.

Why not just withdraw from the Match and be done with it? It's only a few buttons.

Why not just withdraw from the Match and be done with it? It's only a few buttons.

Because I spent $60 to register...j/k

I just don't want my school to find out that I withdrew either and I am also afraid of programs that I may ahve to scramble into after MD match that might see that i withdrew and say that im not worth their time

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Your school shouldn't care if you withdraw from the AOA match, since presumably 1/2 the class will end up matching acgme. Our dean basically gave us the same info that JRO38 posted above.