Do I let the admissions committee know that I made a dumb mistake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hs764

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I wrote the essays and submitted the fee for my University of Chicago secondary application months ago, but just today realized that I never hit that crucial "submit application" button. I feel like an idiot and I assume that the school is going to think I'm a huge slacker and pass me over. Should I contact them and let them know that I made this mistake?

Members don't see this ad.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to sit there and say, "Hmm...paid the fee in August but didn't submit until November..." The only thing calling them will accomplish is making you look neurotic, which is far more likely to get your application trashed. I see absolutely no benefit to making that call. Leave it be.

Reactions: 2 users
So I wrote the essays and submitted the fee for my University of Chicago secondary application months ago, but just today realized that I never hit that crucial "submit application" button. I feel like an idiot and I assume that the school is going to think I'm a huge slacker and pass me over. Should I contact them and let them know that I made this mistake?
Why draw attention to a negative?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You’ll just have a late application. I don’t think they care beyond that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You’ll just have a late application. I don’t think they care beyond that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah but doesn't it look really bad to submit your secondary months after you got it? I though they pretty much disregarded it if took you more than a few weeks.

Yeah but doesn't it look really bad to submit your secondary months after you got it? I though they pretty much disregarded it if took you more than a few weeks.

Earlier is always better, but it is what it is at this point. Don't make it worse by pointing it out.