• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

pengdds

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
I didn't apply for UOP because their required document list includes a bank statement. Is it necessary for it when I submit my application? Thank you for telling me your experience.
Pengdds

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
I have the same questions.

UoP is an expensive but great school. But they stipulated that anybody on a non-immigrant visa must show a BanK Statement/ approved Bank loan of the amount $200,000 along with the application documents. As I am on non-immigrant visa (H-4) obviously I have no means to raise that kind of money or find a guranteer. Hence I could not apply to UoP program. I feel this to be a subtle discriminatory process in favor of US citizen or GC holder applicants precluding someone on non-immigrant visa to apply for the program (unless someone comes from a very affluent background and have acess to that kind of personal funding!).

Does anyone come across a solution to get round this problem? Or, if any SDN member out there applied to UoP with similar (non-immigrant) visa status kindly provide an input, it will be of great help for the future applicants.

dr_mini

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Hi Rahmed,
I am also on a student visa , I was also in doubt about the bank statment , so i emailed warren before applying and he informed me that
there is no need to provide the bank statement with the application ,but if u r accepted in the program u have to submit the bank statement in 2 or 3 weeks .
In future u have such doubts ,just email or call the school.
Thanks,
dr_mini

rahmed said:
I have the same questions.

UoP is an expensive but great school. But they stipulated that anybody on a non-immigrant visa must show a BanK Statement/ approved Bank loan of the amount $200,000 along with the application documents. As I am on non-immigrant visa (H-4) obviously I have no means to raise that kind of money or find a guranteer. Hence I could not apply to UoP program. I feel this to be a subtle discriminatory process in favor of US citizen or GC holder applicants precluding someone on non-immigrant visa to apply for the program (unless someone comes from a very affluent background and have acess to that kind of personal funding!).

Does anyone come across a solution to get round this problem? Or, if any SDN member out there applied to UoP with similar (non-immigrant) visa status kindly provide an input, it will be of great help for the future applicants.

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
dr_mini said:
Hi Rahmed,
I am also on a student visa , I was also in doubt about the bank statment , so i emailed warren before applying and he informed me that
there is no need to provide the bank statement with the application ,but if u r accepted in the program u have to submit the bank statement in 2 or 3 weeks .
In future u have such doubts ,just email or call the school.
Thanks,
dr_mini
Thanks dr_mini. I never called the school and lost the chance to apply to the program!!!. I shall remember your advice in future.

About the Ads