1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Do I need a bank statement to apply for UOP?

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by pengdds, Dec 14, 2005.

1. pengdds

pengdds Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    I didn't apply for UOP because their required document list includes a bank statement. Is it necessary for it when I submit my application? Thank you for telling me your experience.
    Pengdds

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rahmed

rahmed SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I have the same questions.

UoP is an expensive but great school. But they stipulated that anybody on a non-immigrant visa must show a BanK Statement/ approved Bank loan of the amount $200,000 along with the application documents. As I am on non-immigrant visa (H-4) obviously I have no means to raise that kind of money or find a guranteer. Hence I could not apply to UoP program. I feel this to be a subtle discriminatory process in favor of US citizen or GC holder applicants precluding someone on non-immigrant visa to apply for the program (unless someone comes from a very affluent background and have acess to that kind of personal funding!).

Does anyone come across a solution to get round this problem? Or, if any SDN member out there applied to UoP with similar (non-immigrant) visa status kindly provide an input, it will be of great help for the future applicants.

4. dr_mini

dr_mini Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hi Rahmed,
    I am also on a student visa , I was also in doubt about the bank statment , so i emailed warren before applying and he informed me that
    there is no need to provide the bank statement with the application ,but if u r accepted in the program u have to submit the bank statement in 2 or 3 weeks .
    In future u have such doubts ,just email or call the school.
    Thanks,
    dr_mini

5. rahmed

rahmed SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Thanks dr_mini. I never called the school and lost the chance to apply to the program!!!. I shall remember your advice in future.