1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Do I need a bank statement to apply for UOP?

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by pengdds, Dec 14, 2005.

1. pengdds

pengdds Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    I didn't apply for UOP because their required document list includes a bank statement. Is it necessary for it when I submit my application? Thank you for telling me your experience.
    Pengdds

2. rahmed

rahmed SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I have the same questions.

UoP is an expensive but great school. But they stipulated that anybody on a non-immigrant visa must show a BanK Statement/ approved Bank loan of the amount $200,000 along with the application documents. As I am on non-immigrant visa (H-4) obviously I have no means to raise that kind of money or find a guranteer. Hence I could not apply to UoP program. I feel this to be a subtle discriminatory process in favor of US citizen or GC holder applicants precluding someone on non-immigrant visa to apply for the program (unless someone comes from a very affluent background and have acess to that kind of personal funding!).

Does anyone come across a solution to get round this problem? Or, if any SDN member out there applied to UoP with similar (non-immigrant) visa status kindly provide an input, it will be of great help for the future applicants.

3. dr_mini

dr_mini Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hi Rahmed,
    I am also on a student visa , I was also in doubt about the bank statment , so i emailed warren before applying and he informed me that
    there is no need to provide the bank statement with the application ,but if u r accepted in the program u have to submit the bank statement in 2 or 3 weeks .
    In future u have such doubts ,just email or call the school.
    Thanks,
    dr_mini

4. rahmed

rahmed SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Thanks dr_mini. I never called the school and lost the chance to apply to the program!!!. I shall remember your advice in future.