Medical Do I need a post bac or smp or neither?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Im a senior and by no means am in a rush to apply for medical school (waiting till my application is perfect). I recently applied and was accepted to BU Mams, tufts mbs, rutgers medical scholars, and usf msp3 preprofessional program. I am wondering general thoughts on these programs as well as if I even need to spend the money. I've heard post bac is also an option but have only really done research on the masters programs.
I went to University of Rochester and then BU and my cGPA is 3.5 and my sGPA is 3.1. I have not taken the MCAT but am intending to kill that ( I have no other choice). I have all the ECs you could imagine so thats definitely not a worry and LoR are decent. Wondering what my best bet is personally. I have no one in my family who has gone through this so I am a little lost in terms of weighing my options. Any insight would be amazing.
Have you asked the Postbac forum section? I'm not sure if any of the programs you cited require the MCAT before or perhaps have MCAT prep included.

Members don't see this ad.

On the surface, with those GOAs, especially the sGPA, you're DOA at MD schools and on circling the drain for DO.

What were your year by year GPAs?

Personally, I lean to SMPs. Higher risk or higher reward. Pick the cheapest tuition, a 1 year length and the best sort of linkage

Status
Not open for further replies.