Do I need Calc??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziggydoc

Growing a Heart
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I will be a Junior this year and I decided to become a premed late in the game, so now i am in a situation where it is not impossible to fit Calc I + II into my schedule in the upcoming year, but it will be fairly difficult. The school I really want to attend is a state school, and the website stated that they do not require any kind of math. So I guess my question is this, I know for some of the schools you are required to take calc, but what if I apply to schools that do not require it, will the fact that I did not take any college math other than Stats hurt my chances of getting accepted? Oh I am a psych major so I do not need calc to graduate. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

depends on the school. I would at least take calc 1 for the physics portion of the mcat

There are a few schools that require at least a semester of calc. Most don't. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You certainly don't need calc-based physics; trig-based is fine.

some schools require up to a year of math - make sure you check with the schools you plan to apply to