Do I need to disclose juvenile records to the State Medical Board?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmle313

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I may be overthinking this, but I was arrested for shoplifting when I was 16 or 17 years old. I wasn't convicted of anything and basically appeared at court and they had me write a letter apologizing to my parents and to the store. I did not get the case expunged.
I figure since I was still a teenager no need to disclose any of this to anyone. But I recently applied for TSA Pre-check and did not disclose anything and they said they were able to see my arrest since they were conducting a federal search.
Now I am a resident applying for my permit/license and again I did not disclose anything since I was 16 or 17 when it happened and I assumed it would just be a state background check, not federal. But I just got the form saying they will do FBI background check.
Should I be worried? Will they question me on why I didn't disclose anything? And will it make me look bad?

Anyone have a juvenile record that they disclosed to the State Board?

Members don't see this ad.

So you already applied for your license? I would call your state board if so and ask how to proceed.

I got busted for underage when I was 17. I couldn’t even dig up a record of it no matter how hard I tried. However, I still called my state board before I applied to get direction. They told me to write something about it. I think I wrote like three sentences on a separate sheet of paper. It didn’t affect anything at all. I think I had my license in a month.

They told me it may have not mattered, but since it was so long ago I should just disclose since not doing so looks worse if someone would somehow find out.

Reactions: 1 users