1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Do I need to get a bunch of passport-type photos for applications??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Yogi Bear, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

I was looking at the NYU application and I think it requested a photo. Do other schools also request photos if you get secondaries? Where could I go to get wallet/passport-type photos for cheap? (passport photos are like $10 for 2). I went to a camera store and they said they'd charge $50 for 30 pictures....crazy.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Yes and make sure they are cheap.

4. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=014027" target="_blank">Here are some suggestions.</a>
    :) I would recommend getting a set of passport photos and taking those to your neighborhood _____ (wherever they have a Kodak picturemaker) to get sheet copies made.

5. Aggiemaj

Aggiemaj Member
    10+ Year Member

I think that the TMDSAS is a little different than the AMCAS in the photo department, so my advice may not be helpful. We have to provide one picture per school plus one for the service themselves, so I went to a "Family Photo" and just had head shots done. They took a couple different poses and then I bought the cheapest package they head - 5 sheets of pictures for $25. That's a total of 40 wallets, which is what size they need. (2"x3")

Sears and other places like that do the same thing and have pretty cheap packages.

Nesmall2 likes this.
  6. Hoo\/er

Hoo\/er if($profit){replicate();}
    10+ Year Member

I just took some normal photos of me with the girlfriend and cut my head out in the size they were wanting.

Hoovah

7. DrBravesgirl

DrBravesgirl Surgeon for a year
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    go to walgreen's, get their 8 dollar passport pics, then go to kinko's (or somewhere like that) and get a whole sheet made, depending on how many schools you're planning on applying to

8. inanna

inanna Member
    7+ Year Member

I had my mom take passport-type pics of me with her digital camera, copied the best one onto a Word doc (I was able to fit ~16/page) and then printed them off on photo-quality paper. It saved me tons of $$ because all of my secondaries required a pic, plus I could make sure it didn't look like a mug shot like my real passport photo. I also typed my name, SSN and AMCAS ID # directly onto each photo. They ended up looking pretty nice, you couldn't even tell (other than the typing) that I had done it on a computer.