Kneecoal

10+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2009
Long Island, NY
Status
Pre-Dental
is the printout we got at the test center enough? or when i order more scores for schools should i order a copy for myself? does it cost the $25 for my personal copy?

Zubnaya Feya

Combinator
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Status
Dental Student
is the printout we got at the test center enough? or when i order more scores for schools should i order a copy for myself? does it cost the $25 for my personal copy?
For your personal records the printout from the center will suffice. You can make multiple copies of it too:)

iwannabadentist

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
the ADA has a disclaimer that says that it takes 4-6 weeks to process your "official" score reports, and even though it doesn't happen often, sometimes the "official" scores may be different from the ones you receive at the testing center. is there an ounce of truth to this matter or is the ADA just lookin to make an extra $25? Thats a judgment call you have to make. But if you really want to be on the same page as dental schools that will receive your scores and if you are really paranoid about all bad things happening to you, then i think $25 is a small price to pay to relieve (or worsen if the 2 reports don't match) your paranoia.

tsitneD

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2009
TX
Status
Pre-Dental
ADA is just trying to make money off of us. They ask unnecessary questions while submitting a request for DAT, like the ones where it says before or after a particular date you took DAT. I don't see the reason for them to ask that, and if something is answered wrong then there goes our money down the gutter.

And if they say that the scores sent are different, why the heck do they even provide scores right after the test. :mad: I am getting mad just by thinking of the 200+ dollars i lost last year when submitting request for DAT. They sent my old scores and not the new one just b/c one questions was so vague on the DAT request form online. It is ridiculous to pay $25 for each copy to be sent and that electronically.

Last edited:

dentalmon

7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
, sometimes the "official" scores may be different from the ones you receive at the testing center.

i didnt know that.. .. i'm kinda worried now... but i mean.. it cant b off by that much rite?.. that b some majore bs if you get a 23 but the "offical" score is like a 19..

May 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
um..how could the scores be different, that makes no sense...