Do I need to state in my personal statement that I am a reapplicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paranitroxide

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Even when about 90% of the schools I am applying to this year, I did not apply to last year. I think not but my pre med advisor it telling me I should.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

i was in the same boat you were this year (first time 5 schools, second time those 5 plus a lot more). I didn't state I was a reapplicant in my PS the second time around.

The schools will know anyways. Only mention it if you feel like you want to include ways in which you've improved since last year. Not to say that it's something you shouldn't seriously consider, but don't talk about it if you have nothing productive to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not. Puting it into my statement would have made it difficult to make the entire essay be cohesive. I think that if not getting in was significant enough to have directed you to do some activity or course of action worth talking about, include it. Otherwise, don't. Why draw the adcoms attention to it, especially if 90% of the schools have never seen your application.

Just my 2 pents.

:) BTW, good luck on your application this year.

Thank you guys, you are all great.
:)