Do I need to wait for official PCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crossfinger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I took PCAT in NOV 1st and I received preliminary scores.
It was my second PCAT.
My first PCAT was in September and it was 50........yeah.. really low..
However, November PCAT is 84. YAY-!!
English is my second language so the critical reading is really low.
However I made 85 on Bio, 96 on Chem and Math.

My question is the official score is not up yet but I have preliminary score.
Do I need to apply to many other schools and send my November preliminary score to their admission office? I am afraid that I am rejected with the old pcat score.

Members don't see this ad.

Send the prelim scores. They'll accept that. I got offered an interview based on my prelim and later accepted but that was after PharmCAS updated with my official score. Definitely send those scores out! Schools love to know that you took the exam again.

Reactions: 1 user
Send the prelim scores. They'll accept that. I got offered an interview based on my prelim and later accepted but that was after PharmCAS updated with my official score. Definitely send those scores out! Schools love to know that you took the exam again.

Thank you ! :D

Members don't see this ad :)

Hello, I have one more question about reporting preliminary score to admission office.
If I determined to send my pre-score, then do I need to send it right after applying through PharmCAS?
Or do I need to wait until they send an email, "we are reviewing your application"?

I am happy but I am worried too because I think I am relatively late applicant.
Please give me an advice! :D thank you again.

Hello, I have one more question about reporting preliminary score to admission office.
If I determined to send my pre-score, then do I need to send it right after applying through PharmCAS?
Or do I need to wait until they send an email, "we are reviewing your application"?

I am happy but I am worried too because I think I am relatively late applicant.
Please give me an advice! :D thank you again.
I would wait until they receive your application and you get a verification email on that. That way they can match your scores to your application, rather than just having your scores and no match. I'm not 100% certain on this, but that's what I would do.

Hello.
I took PCAT in NOV 1st and I received preliminary scores.
It was my second PCAT.
My first PCAT was in September and it was 50........yeah.. really low..
However, November PCAT is 84. YAY-!!
English is my second language so the critical reading is really low.
However I made 85 on Bio, 96 on Chem and Math.

My question is the official score is not up yet but I have preliminary score.
Do I need to apply to many other schools and send my November preliminary score to their admission office? I am afraid that I am rejected with the old pcat score.
How did you make such a huge jump ? i got a 39 in july and my pcat is next week