Do I send in the whole copy of AMCAS appl or leave some parts out ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kornphan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Several schools that I have applied to have written to me that they have just received my name from AMCAS and I have listed them as one of my choices. They have not received anything else from AMCAS and now want me to copy the AMCAS application and send it to them.

My copy has all the schools that I am applying to, so should I send them that page or just leave it out ?. I am afraid that they might see all the other schools that I have applied to and might hold that against me. Any opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

korn

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you can leave the school designations out... According to last year there was really only four pages to the app: The page w/info of address, post-sec, etc.... A page for the personal statement .... and a page or two for the info on classes and grades.

Doesn't it indicate that the school designation is student copy?

That's right. One of the footnotes at the very end of the printout says that the list of schools is "for your record only" and that "medical schools do not receive such a list" or something close to that. Later.

Members don't see this ad :)
most of my friends and I have taken the school section out...

we personally think it can only count against u :(