1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Do I stand a chance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DOhopeful, Sep 20, 2000.

1. DOhopeful

DOhopeful New Member

Here is a brief summary: 3.0 GPA, 3.1 Science GPA from competitive school. Post bac GPA 3.0 Overall (2.7 first semester when i got sick at finals and 3.4 next semester). 30 on MCAT. Good letters of recommendation and plenty of volunteer, clinical, and research experience. Would it be a waste of my time to apply to osteopathic schools? (fingers crossed). I have filled out the paperwork but have debated sending it out (too scared of rejections).

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Good grief!

Why did you wait? Send them out immediately!

Granted your GPA isn't terrific, but its not all that bad either. What is important is your 30 MCAT score. That's an excellent score for an Osteopathic school and it should land you an acceptance. Unfortunately its getting late in the game now so you better hurry up and get those apps rolling!

W.

4. lemon

lemon Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

you never know unless you try. a rejection won't kill you, it will only make you stronger (but it's doubtful that you would be rejected). good luck!

5. vietcongs

vietcongs Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

How about this case: 6V/7P/7B O on Writing sample 3.4 GPA, 3.5 Sci GPA, good letters of recommendation from physician and profs, plenty of research volunteer work. My MCAT scores stink, do you think I have a chance?

6. Djanaba

Djanaba Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Only if you have a good explanation of why your science GPA and MCAT scores aren't more congruent (poor test taker? Was sick? not enough prep?). I'd beef up and take it again, but I wouldn't discourage you from shooting towards a few schools this round and see what it gets you.