1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

do i stand a chance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by predent77, Sep 28, 2001.

1. predent77

predent77 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi.... i just need some input... i haven't applied yet.... but i KNOW that i should... my application will be finished probably in about 2-3 days...
    but do you guys think i have a chance... this late into the year into schools such as columbia, tufts, uop, usc?
    here are my stats
    overall gpa 3.5
    science gpa 3.2
    dat academic - 20 percpetual 17
    i have some experience in a dental office... but i do not have any research experience...
    just need some honest input....thanks so much

2. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

I think there MIGHT be a chance...just go for it...the worst thing is you don't get in, but reapply early next year. GOOD LUCK!

3. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

actually, its a better than might be chance...you have a decent chance IMHO.

4. lalo5

lalo5 Member
    7+ Year Member

if you have the money, then I would say go for it also, but if not, it could be pretty expensive...
    One other neg. is the time frame, aadsas can be a little slow sometimes, so it might be like playing the lottery there, usually you can expect to wait about 4-5 weeks for the application to begin to get to the schools.
    best of luck!

5. predent77

predent77 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks guys.. =)
    any more input from anyone out there?

6. grettlin

grettlin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,
    If I were you, I would just give me a chance to try. So called "average GPA" means someone got higher score, but someone doesn't (doesn't it?). According to my friend's experence, you should have good chance"S" to get some interviews. Just express you motivation and strong interests in this field to the committe.

Good Luck!