Do I stand any Chance??? Non-trad with MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazyhead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been looking at SDN forums for a while. 29 yrs old now, thinking of Applying for 2017. Haven't taken MCAT yet as just wondering if I stand any chance at low-mid tier MD schools with following stats:
Undergrad:CGpa: 3.3ish BCPM: 3.1ish
Grad (MPH Epidemiology): around 3.7 [aware it doesn't count so not sure how much of help it will be]
I was international student both during undergrad and grad. Money was always an issue paying such a high tuition. Not having any support system (mental and physical), cultural and language barriers, being a teenager, and political situation back home, especially during undergrad, all contributed to my average academic performance. Finally, being an ORM Asian do I still have any shot at MD school. I am aware of DO school [cgpa 3.55/sgpa3.5- will be higher if I repeat the C and D], but haven't given much thought about that at the moment. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No, I don't think so. Even for the better DO schools your candidacy will be questioned. F and then a B in anatomy? D in immunology? I'd automatically reject you because I know how hard anatomy in medical school is and immunology sinks a lot of students.

No, I don't think so. Even for the better DO schools your candidacy will be questioned. F and then a B in anatomy? D in immunology? I'd automatically reject you because I know how hard anatomy in medical school is and immunology sinks a lot of students.
Thanks for your response. I hope you are not an Adcom though lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your response. I hope you are not an Adcom though lol.
work hard and establish an upward trend. if you do this, i think people will give you the benefit of the doubt. also, score above a 30 on the mcat.

work hard and establish an upward trend. if you do this, i think people will give you the benefit of the doubt. also, score above a 30 on the mcat.
I will take those C and D along with Biochem and Virology at University. Will do best of my ability to get A on all of them. However, those 4 will be the only classes I will be taking. Thanks for you kind suggestion.