Do I stay or do I go?!

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by hopper, Nov 7, 2002.

1. hopper

hopper Junior Member

Hi All-
    I was wondering if you future MDs could give me some advice here. How did you decide which school to go to? How much should US News rankings play into my decision (does it impact residency placement for example?) My dilemma is that I've been accepted to a decently ranked school, and have interview invites to others which I'm debating on (if rank matters enough, I can weed them out and save all the cost of flying out,etc but then part of me wonders if I should check them out anyway since I've also been told that any med school will give you a good education!) Thanks so much:)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. missMD

missMD Member

hopper
    Congratulations on being accepted into med school. :clap: I understand your dilemmea. It is always best when deciding on things to have choices. If money is a problem then choose only one or two interviews to attend at schools that you are most interested in. You definately don't have to go to all of them but it is always good to compare schools.