Do i still have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danielle_2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to UNT, UH, TSU, and UTTyler. I know UH is probably out unless i increase my PCAT significantly the second try.
Do i have a chance? Here's my stats
cGPA: 3.54
sGPA: 3.4
PCAT (retaking) if i dont receive an interview: 40% (bummer)
1 year of pharm tech experience
LOR from pharmacist and 2 professors (good ones)
Roughly 70 hrs of volunteer and leadership experience.
What do you guys think my chances are of getting in?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Danielle don't count UH out yet . Although you didn't do well on the PCAT, your other stats are competitive.

How did you study for PCAT?

Hey Danielle don't count UH out yet . Although you didn't do well on the PCAT, your other stats are competitive.

How did you study for PCAT?
I used collins, i knew the material just never took the pearsons practice test to pace myself with time but now i know. I ended up running out of time on all sections except bio, verbal and reading. Im def gonna retake en of october just was seeing if i have a chance of an interview at any of these schools with my stats now. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you submit application yet? Last I heard from you in UH forum, you were trying to perfect your personal statement. I think you should get an invite for an interview from UH. The earlier you apply the better your chances are.

Did you submit application yet? Last I heard from you in UH forum, you were trying to perfect your personal statement. I think you should get an invite for an interview from UH. The earlier you apply the better your chances are.
Thank you! And yes i submitted 8/24. Im going to sign up for a retake just in case i dont get an interview. Im really not proud to apply with that PCAT. Lol

I think based on your GPA, your definitely cable of a higher PCAT. But I'm a horrible timed test taker as are a lot of people. Most schools know that the PCAT alone is not the only indication of an applicants worth. That's why there are many facets to the process. I would definitely retake, but don't become discouraged. This process is brutal and LONG. I'm still waiting on an invite from UH for an interview and stressing everyday . I would prepare your interview well and be prepared to explain any holes in your application.

Reactions: 1 user
I think based on your GPA, your definitely cable of a higher PCAT. But I'm a horrible timed test taker as are a lot of people. Most schools know that the PCAT alone is not the only indication of an applicants worth. That's why there are many facets to the process. I would definitely retake, but don't become discouraged. This process is brutal and LONG. I'm still waiting on an invite from UH for an interview and stressing everyday . I would prepare your interview well and be prepared to explain any holes in your application.
That was my issue smh. Im def gonna retake, and im sure you will receive one, they're not done sending interviews for ED yet bc a lot of applicants are still in the process of taking the Sept PCAT. Thanks for your help :)

You were right, I just received my email for an interview.

I used collins, i knew the material just never took the pearsons practice test to pace myself with time but now i know. I ended up running out of time on all sections except bio, verbal and reading. Im def gonna retake en of october just was seeing if i have a chance of an interview at any of these schools with my stats now. :/
How were the questions for chem and bio? alot of calculations for chemistry ? Thanks

How were the questions for chem and bio? .
IMO the chem and bio questions are very straight forward. Do not remember exactly how many questions required calculation but not much. I got 90 on bio and 99 on chem. I used Dr. Collins, Kaplan and Pearson practice tests

IMO the chem and bio questions are very straight forward. Do not remember exactly how many questions required calculation but not much. I got 90 on bio and 99 on chem. I used Dr. Collins, Kaplan and Pearson practice tests
Oh okay , were the questions like Pearson practice tests? Was the math harder or easier than PT-4 ? Thank You!!

Oh okay , were the questions like Pearson practice tests? Was the math harder or easier than PT-4 ? Thank You!!
Math is harder pt4 for me. I think I bombed the QA, 21. Surprisingly the lowest on any of the practices test that I did. That's making me really nervous thinking about if they start to look at the score of these sections.

Members don't see this ad :)
Math is harder pt4 for me. I think I bombed the QA, 21. Surprisingly the lowest on any of the practices test that I did. That's making me really nervous thinking about if they start to look at the score of these sections.
Oh okay for chem and bio what I mean is that were the questions like in the same format and easiness? Chem and Bio on the Pearson practice tests does not seem hard thats why

I applied to UNT, UH, TSU, and UTTyler. I know UH is probably out unless i increase my PCAT significantly the second try.

Your stats are good aside from the PCAT which is a great start. I would recommend retaking the PCAT because you could probably do better. Just make sure to do an honest self assessment about how to improve next time. Were there holes in your knowledge? Was it a time issue? Etc and be sure to address those when studying.

Do you know the PCAT requirements for the schools you're applying to?

Oh okay for chem and bio what I mean is that were the questions like in the same format and easiness? Chem and Bio on the Pearson practice tests does not seem hard thats why
Yeah! If you had ochem and a&p then I think you will do well. When do you plan to take your pcat? The format is similar with what you see on the Pearson practice tests.

I used Dr Collins mainly but im scared for math im just reviewing pearson practice tests for math rn

Best of luck to you too if you're planning to retake the pcat.

Your stats are good aside from the PCAT which is a great start. I would recommend retaking the PCAT because you could probably do better. Just make sure to do an honest self assessment about how to improve next time. Were there holes in your knowledge? Was it a time issue? Etc and be sure to address those when studying.

Do you know the PCAT requirements for the schools you're applying to?
My issue was definitely timing. The material was pretty straight forward. I used doc collins and it helped a lot w/ the material i just never paced myself when studying so i was apalled by the time i had left for 25 questions im def gonna time myself as well as utilize this time to do some extra studying. I know for a fact i can pull at least a 70 on this test. I had to guess on a lot specifically in math and chem. bio was no problem.

My issue was definitely timing. The material was pretty straight forward. I used doc collins and it helped a lot w/ the material i just never paced myself when studying so i was apalled by the time i had left for 25 questions im def gonna time myself as well as utilize this time to do some extra studying. I know for a fact i can pull at least a 70 on this test. I had to guess on a lot specifically in math and chem. bio was no problem.

That was one if the biggest advantages I noticed from the PPTs was by taking it under times conditions it really helped you get used to the timing. I highly recommend doing any practice tests under timed conditions.

Good luck when you retake. You've totally got this!

That was one if the biggest advantages I noticed from the PPTs was by taking it under times conditions it really helped you get used to the timing. I highly recommend doing any practice tests under timed conditions.

Good luck when you retake. You've totally got this!
Thank you!!! :)