Do i still have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

my1molar

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I got a reply from Temple saying that i met the requirement for class of 2008, bu the class is full and they will consider me if there is position that opens. Plus, they tell me stuffs about reapplying next cycle. Isn't it a rejecting letter by all means?? Or I should wait a little more??
Thanks for replying me,

Members don't see this ad.

reapply asap...in a few short weeks. And if you get pulled from the waitlist, then just do not follow up on any secondaries you may get.

This way you will get a head start on the next cycle while you are waiting to possibly get in for the fall.

You might want to call them and see what position of the waitlist you're on to see your chances of being accepted for this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know people in my class who were pulled off waitlist days before orientation.

Thank you so much guys for the support. This year, there are a lot of applicants and competitive....but i still try to be patient :scared:

LetMeIn said:
I know people in my class who were pulled off waitlist days before orientation.

Although that's true at every school, I think the OP should re-apply, just to keep their options open. If they wait until orientation and you don't get an invite for a position in the class, you've just lost precious weeks/months in applying for the 2005 AADSAS cycle.

Plus, not very many students can pull off being accepted so close to the start of dental school.

(Not trying to bash your post, I just don't want to instill false hope into the OP).

My question is similar to my1molar, but I have a different situation. I am planning to to either do a post-bac (the only true post-bac higher level undergrad program I know of is at Penn) or a pursue a Masters from around here, in Chicago (this is assuming I dont get in). Ulitmately, both of these options would take 2 yrs (application yrs) as the Masters would probably be done in 18 months. Which do you think is better....the Masters is Research and academics (grad school gpa) and if one does a post-bacc higher level coursework program, there is no certificate/anything for that matter, you you are there basically to improve gpa and work hard and it contributes to undergrad gpa (which I assume increases anyones chances of getting in to professional school). Lastly, if I do either one of these programs, should I re-apply for 2005 and assume I am going to re-apply for 2006 (due to the fact that a Masters degree would be earned in Fall of 2005 and schools would see more transcripts if I apply for 2006)???? Is it just a waste of money to apply for 2005? I have called adcoms and they say its advantageous to finish a program you start, but if you show dedication, I assume an applicant has a chance to get in (in my case in 2005) or am I off base here? Also on a waitlist at Southern IL, I assume its gonna come down to the last minute over summer. Any thoughts